Hustle & Grind

A dear, dear friend of mine always reminds me to "Get on your grind" when it comes to making things happen for myself and stepping out of my fears and just taking that first step, one at a time until you can begin to look back and realize how far you've come.

Train for the life you want. 

I see so many brave men and women making things happen and I wonder if I will ever get to the point where I can inspire someone like they inspire me. I am fearful of taking this journey alone.

I am at yet another transition point in my life where I am in a new job, new home, new people around me yet this time I find myself with some room to breathe and dream again. The last three years of my life has been so stifling to my spirit. I had reached a level of exhaustion and empty that I had not experienced in a while and frantically worked to maintain enough balance to ward off another major depression cycle. Thanks to some very special people in my life I stayed connected, hopeful, and was able to be myself among them to a level I have never before thought possible. It is such an incredible thing!

I have learned so much about myself in my most natural state... I mean the me that I am when I am not worried about what the other person may think and without fear of any shred of judgement. They say a friend's eye is the best mirror and this mirror has been especially kind, forgiving, and most importantly, honest. The level of belief in me makes even me believe that I can do what I have in my heart to accomplish. Yes, what I want to do has been done before and I have a fear of my work just looking like someone else's, but as I learn more and more about my own uniqueness and value I find more of myself to pour into my work, eventually making my own authentic footprint.

I would love to hear some of your experiences about fear and finding your wings...

Comments

Popular Posts